Hair loss isn't an uncommon problem for aging adults. Most people suffer from hair loss at some point in their lives, and often, their first remedial action is the use of hair growth products. However, many of these people fail to get desired results from hair loss products even after adopting them at an early stage.
Let's look at a few common reasons why hair growth products do not work.
- Underlying medical condition: Hair growth products may not work in cases where some medical condition is causing hair loss. As a general rule, anyone with an underlying medical condition should consult a medical practitioner before using any hair growth products.
- High expectations: Many people are not aware of the time it would take to regrow their hair, as the time needed to grow hair can depend on several factors. It can also depend on the stage of the hair growth cycle. It takes time and consistent effort for hair loss to stop and hair growth to start. The time may vary between a few months to even more than a year. Hair growth products cannot usher a miracle. There is a scientific approach to hair growth, and one has to be patient and consistent to see positive results.
- Infrequent use: Almost all hair growth products come with directions of use written on the product label or website. These hair growth products primarily work by providing the necessary nourishment to hair follicles. One needs to follow these directions religiously and consistently for maximum benefit. Infrequent and inconsistent use may not be able to bring about the desired effects to your hair.
- Poor Diet / Eating habits: Poor or non-nutritious diet and unhealthy/untimely eating habits are a common reason why hair growth products fail to show their effect. Food gives your hair nutrition the way it provides to your body. You must eat the right mix of proteins, carbs, and vitamins and eat your meals at the right time.
- Extremely Stressful Lifestyle: Stress has adverse effects on your mind and body. Insufficient sleep, losing a loved one, financial stress, and complicated relationships are the main reasons for a stressful lifestyle. People living in stressful conditions have weaker immune systems, not pleasant for a process like hair growth.