No Products in the Cart
Hair problems and the need to make hair healthier is one of the most talked and searched-about topics in today's time. The current hectic lifestyle, pollution, bad eating and sleeping habits, and now global pandemic - everything has led to us finding the perfect cure for hair-related solutions.
Although the market is overfilled with numerous hair products, not all can guarantee them making your hair healthier. In turn, these chemical-infused products end up causing more damage to your hair. Hence, experts recommend being wary of such harmful chemical products.
So, what is the safer alternative to such chemical-laden hair products? Well, not an alternative but rather the best change you should make today - natural Ayurveda herbs and products. A plethora of healing remedies is offered by the world's oldest system. These herbs will act as natural solutions to your hair problems and even provide much-needed nourishment to your hair.
A nutrient-packed herb and known as a false daisy product, Bhringraj is a very healthy Indian herb. Bhringraj is particularly grown in moist areas and is loaded with calcium, vitamins, iron, and magnesium. The Bhringraj oil is widely used for several hair problems.
- It’s a natural remedy for promoting hair growth and reducing hair loss.
- Promotes a healthy scalp by increasing the flow of blood of the scalp and the hair follicles.
- Induces natural hair growth by activating hair roots and follicles.
- Makes the hair healthy and shiny by nourishing them naturally.
A wonder Ayurveda herb, Brahmi is very beneficial for problems related to the growth and thickening of hair.
- It contains an alkaloid. This activates a protein in the human body that helps in toughening and strengthening the hair naturally.
- Helps in reducing the stress and improves the mood
- Treats the dry and damaged scalp to a great extent
- Reduces cortisol – the stress hormone in the body. High levels of cortisol in the body are one of the causes of hair falls
Loaded with the highly beneficial Vitamin C, Amla is an important aspect of all hair care regimes.
- It consists of vital fatty acids and antioxidants that help in adding strength and luster to the hair.
- Helps in getting rid of dandruff and dissolving grease and dirt from the follicles.
- Promotes hair growth by providing essential nutrients to the hair follicles.
- Giving the scalp amla oil massage helps in increasing the blood circulation
Fenugreek also known as Methi seeds is a common spice that is found in most households.
- Considered to be the best Ayurveda herb, the seeds are rich in proteins, Folic acid, Vitamin A, C, and K.
- The seeds contain a protein – nicotinic acid. This is highly effective against various hair and scalp-related problems.
- Provides the needed nourishment to the hair and promotes hair growth.
One of the most renowned natural herbs, Shikakai is a fantastic source for getting healthy hair.
- Considered to be a natural alternative to shampoo.
- Packed with hair-cleansing properties.
- Rich in antioxidants and hence promotes natural hair nourishment and growth.
Let us know how one can use Ayurveda herbs and techniques to treat their hair:
Shiro means head and dhara means flow. This method requires you to pour warm oil on your head to give your head a gentle massage. The leads to an increase in blood circulation and to better growth of hair. It is one of the most highly effective remedies for problems related to hair loss.
2. Shiro Abhyanga
In this method, oils such as Bringamalakadi Taila, coconut, and til (sesame seed) are used to massage the head. This also helps in preventing the greying of hair and nourishes the sensory organs. Through this Ayurvedic remedy, one is able to counter the hair loss woes by improving the blood circulation towards your nerves.
Brahmi Bringaraj Taila - Made up of herbs, this oil is a highly effective remedy for hair growth. It prevents a dry scalp and nourishes the roots of the hair. Hence, preventing and reducing hair fall.
Bringamalakadi Taila - Made up of herbs as well, this oil checks premature greying of hair. It promotes hair growth to a great extent and is also beneficial in treating back pain and arthritis.
3. Ayursoundarya Program
This method consists of a workshop that helps women to follow healthy practices to pursue beauty and healthy changes in their skin and hair. Beautiful and healthy hair is usually a result of eating and breathing right and using natural nourishment products on them.
Ayurveda herbs are globally renowned and are rich in several beneficial nutrients. One may use herbs such as curry leaves, hibiscus, coconut oil, til (sesame seeds) oil, methi (fenugreek leaves), amla (gooseberry leaves), and Aloe vera. These herbs can be consumed as well as applied to the scalp/head. These can also be used as hair cleansers or made into hair packs.
5. Hair Cleansers
Shikakai - One of the best natural cleansers present on the Earth, Shikakai helps in removing excess oil and dirt off the scalp. For the people that have dry and frizzy hair, using this herb along with amla, hibiscus and reetha (a soap nut, similar to shikakai) will prove to be extremely wonderful. The impact and improvement this combination will provide will be highly significant.
Aloe Vera - Take fresh Aloe vera gel and apply it directly over the scalp. Wash it off after leaving it for a few minutes. Being a soothing and cooling scalp cleaner, it is extremely good for a scalp associated with scalp pimples, itching, rashes, and redness.
Besan or gram flour - This can be mixed with water and then used to wash off your hair after an oil massage.
Apart from these, one should pay a lot of attention to their lifestyle and eating habits - even Ayurveda says this. Our hair acts as a window to our daily routine and eating habits. So, when your hair shows some problems, it is vital to pay heed to your routines, as these factors will also contribute a lot to the treatment of your hair.