Scalp Massage For Hair Growth
Growing up in India, hair massage was a weekly routine for us. My grandma, who helped raise all her grandkids, always stressed on the importance of hair and a scalp massage.
Beautiful hair has always been a sign of health and wellness. While researching natural botanicals that promote hair health, I discovered that each part of the world has different magical ingredient for hair growth. In addition to the ingredients, I also found methods and practices that were followed by generations to achieve and maintain beautiful hair - one such practice is a head massage. Some of the many benefits of a scalp massage are:
- increased hair strength
- reduced dryness of both the scalp and hair
- helps prevent dandruff
- reduced frizz
- fewer split ends
- increased blood flow in the scalp, which may help promote healthier hair
In India, for centuries Ayurvedic practitioners have stressed on the importance of a head massage. Ayurveda recommends the use of natural oils infused with herbs to strengthen the hair and promote healthy hair growth. In our Natural Hair Oil - Revitalize, we have carefully selected extremely potent herbs from around the world like Nettle from Bulgaria, Bhringraj (Eclipta Alba) from India and Argan Oil from Morrocco to create a unique formula that strengthens the hair from inside out. You can make your herbal infused oil if you have access to these herbs.
Requirements and method:
You need 2-3 tbsp Ayurvedic Oil (you can use our Natural Hair Oil or make your own)
- Heat your oil/oil blend until its lukewarm.
- Apply the oil directly to your scalp and, massaging the oil into your scalp for 10- 15 minutes.
- Also, apply a few drops of the oil to your hair from the roots to the tips.
- Leave the oil on the scalp for 3-4 hours (preferably overnight).
- Wash off with shampoo and warm water.
For quick and visible improvement, do the hot oil massage three times a week.